This article will explain the different levels of visibility that the intuo platform has to offer for different features.
**Explanation of tables:**In the top row you will see all the different levels of visibility that intuo has to offer for a given feature.
In the column on the left you will see all the different people / roles on the platform.
A checkmark shows if a person/role can see praise/feedback/etc... with the given visibility settings.
* This depends on the Hierarchical Team Depth which you can set at Studio > Teams
- A sender of a praise with visibility Receiver + Teamleader will see the praise.
- The Teamleader of the receiver will not see a praise with the visibility of 'receiver'
- A praise to a whole team will be visible to the whole company and to the members of that team.
In the first column you can see who is viewing the objective. In the top row you see the selected visibility of that objective. Comments on an objective inherit the visibility level of that objective.
* Admins can see all objectives (except with visibility 'only you') if the 'Admin can see all objectives' setting is enabled in Studio > Objectives.
* Admins can see all objectives if the 'Admin can see all objectives' setting is enabled in Studio > Objectives
For conversations you have the possibility to enable per template a setting that allows team leaders to see every conversation a member has had, even if it was not with him/her. Previous conversations from other teams and with other team leaders are visible from the moment this setting is activated for a template.
All of the above is applicable for users belonging to normal (organisational or HR) teams. If you belong to a project team, the permissions and scope will be slightly different. You can read more about project teams here: http://helpdesk.intuo.io/admin/project-teams. Please note that project teams are disabled by default, so in case you are not aware of them, you are probably part of a normal HR team.